Monday, March 15, 2010

who's gonna keep it real?

I cruised around itunes today trying to find a decent podcast about family life. I was pissed after about 15 minutes. Here's why:

I was looking for anything interesting on parenting, being a father, or raising a family. It's just interesting to get someone else's take on this stuff from time to time.

What I found was
1. a bunch of nonsense about how to manage your child's text messaging.
2. a couple women talking about their weekends.
3. some dude trying to be funny by making crude jokes.
4. a Christian values podcast.

I'm all about managing texts, and I've been known to make a crude joke or two. But I was looking for something that relates to a 30-something dad.

Is there anybody out there keeping it real? It really pisses me off that it's so hard to find anything interesting or enlightening for somebody who just wants to raise my kids, love my wife, and make a decent living. But if I wanted to figure out how to get more women to have sex with me, then I would have a shitload of stuff to choose from. I don't want to hear more about famous people. I'm not trying to learn how to pick up women, not trying learn how to "make more money now", and I'm sure as hell not interested in how some 45-year old lady spent her weekend. So I guess I'm S.O.L.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I understand your frustration to find good content on how to be a good family man. It's not easy-just in case your interested, you may want to check out

http://www.lds.org/hf/display/0,16783,4209-1,00.html

it is produced by the church of jesus christ of latter day saints, but it isn't trying to convince anyone of their doctrine, just promote good values and give ideas on how to build a strong family. I hope you find it useful. I really admire your committment to your wife your kids and your family. Best to you and yours.